Christianity is not blind faith. In fact, it is the only religion based on objective evidence. This is why the resurrection of Jesus Christ is the greatest news of all—not just a great story. Just consider these 7 facts regarding the resurrection:
- Accounts of the resurrection include inconvenient Truths that one would not have included in a fabricated story, like the fact that women were the first witnesses. In that day's culture, a woman's testimony was not considered valid evidence. (See Matthew 28:1-10; John 20:11-18.)
- It was the fulfillment of over 300 prophecies made hundreds of years before. (See Isaiah 53; Psalm 22:14-18; Numbers 9:12; Psalm 16:10.)
- Jesus' own half-brother, James, was converted from a skeptic to a disciple. (See Mark 3:21, 31; 1 Corinthians 15:7; James 1:1.)
- It radically transformed the disciples. Three days after fleeing the crucifixion in fear, the disciples were suddenly willing to die a martyr's death. They had nothing to gain from concocting such a story. (See Mark 14:50; Acts 5:17-41; Philippians 3:4b-11.)
- Ultimately, it split history in half—something that cannot be said of any other world religion. In fact, the resurrection gave believers the indwelling Holy Spirit and separated the new covenant from the old. (See Jeremiah 32:39-40; Ezekiel 36:26-27.)
Jesus is not just a means to salvation—He is our salvation. He is real, He came from heaven to save us, and He wants us to experience the life, the hope, and the promise of eternity that can only be found in Him. Take some time to reflect on the resurrection of Christ today. Imagine what it will be like to see our Savior face to face, to spend eternity worshiping Him and enjoying His presence. Until then, let us praise God for the evidence He gave to us of the resurrection and for the one who gave His life for us.